Friday, February 06, 2009

Random Thoughts in My Head

I think that grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches and strawberries in yogurt sounds like one of the best dinners ever. Lucky me, I'm about to have it.

I've noticed that my iTunes music on shuffle goes almost continuously between Outkast and NIN. I wonder if this says anything. But probably just that those are what was most readily available online.

My garlic clove on my counter is sprouting. I have a green thing sticking out about three inches.

I was in a school play Wednesday. They told me about it the day before. It was for the end of the year talent show, and I played a dwarf in Snow White with the other third year teachers. I had one line, which I delivered in a hilariously American accent. The audience kept on screaming how cute I was. Uh, ok. The gym teacher, who played the wicked witch, stripped down to his leggings at the end, and the entire school and their parents saw a whole lot. The Social Studies teacher, who played the mirror who turns into God at the end, wore makeup and short shorts. We also had a dance that all of the teachers did together, and the men stood at the front in wigs and cross dress, and gave booty dances to the audience. It was quite interesting to see the VP shaking his toosh in a Rapunzel wig in front of 14 year old girls.

Tomorrow is the Iwate Snow Festival. There will be sculptures and a restaurant made out of snow. There hasn't been that much snow in the last week, though. I hope it goes ok.

I went to Sendai last weekend for fun, to be able to go to a city that has more than 300,000 people. It was ok. We should plan better next time, or be more decisive. I left my deodarant behind. Which sucks. Anti-perspirant is like gold here.

One of the diaries I grade was a little strange. I passed it on the real teacher for her to handle it. It said something like, "January 1st. I went with my family to the Hachimangu Shrine. We prayed. A fuckin bitch man hit my shoulder. Fuck you, bitchman." She looked at it and said that he doesn't get any points. I asked her if she knew what the words meant and she said yeah, she just didn't think it was a big deal. So I shrugged my shoulders.

I lost my favorite jeans. I think I left them in the van when I came back from skiing. They were really expensive. To rememdy this, I went to the Gap in Sendai and spent a. lot. of. money. there. Wow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kimbo,
I love your posts :) Sorry you lost your jeans. And glad you went shopping.

love
Daddy

Vanessa Rogers said...

I feel for you with the deodorant, it is like gold here as well!

J-Gro said...

I thought the teachers in Japan were really formal?? That's funny that they mix that with shaking their booties in short shorts.

Sorry about your jeans. :( I mourn with you! I went ice skating a couple of weeks ago and when I fell my skate slashed a hole in the ankle of my favorite jeans! That's not a good spot for a hole, it looks stupid!