Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Moving Day, Part I

Today I'm getting kicked out of my apartment. :(

Some people will come for the final portions of my bills, then the BoE will come and take all my trash away, and then even though my friend's house is close, I'm going to take a cab because I can't get there with all my luggage. I've been putting my stuff at a different friend's house for storage, so the stuff I have now is the stuff I'll need before I get to Yokohama, plus my bag full of "oh yeah, forgot to pack this" plus computer, etc, etc, so it's quite a lot.

Sometime during the next week, I'll have to go to Yokohama to pick out an apartment, sign the papers, and then come back and move my stuff down. During that time, I also have to meet the science teacher to watch the drumming festival, meet the English teachers for a final farewell, meet my old host family for a final farewell, meet some lady I met on the bus because she wants to have dinner with me and I couldn't say no but she hasn't emailed me yet, go to my friend's housewarming party, and...I think that's it. Phew.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kimbo,
I'll be thinking of you during this difficult time :( But how exciting also to be moving to a new city and making new friends. Missing you a lot lately....
love
dad

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you are stressed! I wish I wish I were there to help you because I LOVE to apartment search and I LOVE to pack and I LOVE to organize things into little piles. I don't even mind helping move as long as it is not me moving because I am now old and settled and love my little nest and think I am going to stay there forever and ever amen. Love, Janet