Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Whoops

Today in the 3rd year class the kids learned relative clauses. They teaching materials included pictures of famous people which the teacher held up and had the kids guess who the people were for a couple of minutes. First there was Mother Theresa, which everyone knew. Then there was Helen Keller, which took them a long time. They yelled out the craziest stuff. I heard Clinton in there somewhere. I thought it was hilarious. The last one was a picture of John Lennon, and they decided to have fun with this one. They boys kept on yelling out Harry Potter! Harry Potter! Daniel Radcliffe!! (Dan-ee-eru Rad-oh-kri-fu)

They were getting pretty rowdy, with kids almost jumping out of their chairs with the silliness going on, and I couldn't help but laugh. Maybe I was laughing a long time? I don't know, but my teacher looked at me and said my name in a "Hey, you're the teacher too, you should stop laughing." kind of way. So I immediately shut up. Why can't I laugh at the funny stuff? Boo.

In other news, there was the funny kid in the other third year class. He didn't comb his hair this morning, so the teacher was on him for that because it was sticking out all over the place. When there was a lull in the instruction I went over and tried to smooth it down myself while telling him to fix it, and he waved my hands away and said, "Yes! Hair one hundred water desk! Uh...uh...uh...Is there!!" So I asked him what he meant, and he said, "Outlet! (Ow-to-re-to!)" I like that kid.

1 comment:

nadyac said...

I like that kid too hahahaha!