Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Joy

ObamaObamaObamaObamaObama!!!!!

I'm just sad I'm not in the States to join in the festivities right now. I found out while I was at work, and I had to check the news site on my cell phone and have my teacher translate it, then I checked msnbc.com on my phone to confirm. At first I felt faint and I wanted to cry, but then I had to go to class and I don't think I've absorbed it yet. All this time I've been so nervous and clenched, and now he's won and what am I supposed to do with the empty space left?

Also, go Texas! 44% Democratic!! I was so happy when I saw the map and there were a smattering of blue pieces on the bottom of the state. Much better than when Travis was the lone blue dot in 2004. Yay!! I feel like America is finally coming to its senses, but why did it take so long?

Anyways, I was going around telling all the kids today how happy I was and they felt the same way. Then a bunch of the foreigners went out after work and toasted a little paper Obama.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at home watching the news alone too - probably so many people were out celebrating! Jen said there was yelling in the streets from her apt. It is very exciting - you should check the new york times, there's a lot of international joy. SOO cool, brings a tear to my eye.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimbo....
It was great last night though today I'm a bit hungover :) but for a good reason. Yea, why did it take so long? I never realized just how backwards the US is. Maybe now things with start to change. Hope the democrats don't get full of themselves and start doing stupid things the the republicans did...

love
dad

J-Gro said...

Hi Kimbo!! I am so excited! Every once in a while I start to get a little teary, especially when I read about the reacions of people all over the world.

I got your message on my cell! Too bad I couldn't call you back. I need to see if Dena will let me put skype on her computer so i can use it. I miss you! I can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! i was watching with friends and when they called the election for Obama we were all stunned in disbelief. Watching his speech i felt so proud. I was prouder still when i saw that Bexar county went democratic in the first time sine like forever!
our country has come to their senses indeed.
i'm glad you could share in the joy from afar.

love,
Jenny